Tuesday, February 07, 2006



February 25 marks the fifth-year anniversary of the day I received my Gohonzon, a scrolled mandala inscribed by a 12th century monk named Nichiren Daishonin, which serves as the focal point of my Buddhist practice. The Gohonzon reflects the true law of life- acts as a mirror to true self. We chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, enacting the mystic law within our lives and the universe. We practice to revolutionize our lives and the lives of others.

My adventures with the Gohonzon are many and continual, but at this point, at the beginning of my attempt to share this as my blog, I want to state that Phantom City, when established as a press, will not only print the work of Nichiren Buddhists, but any literature, art, and academic work about Buddhism and the way it creates new meanings in memoir, pedagogy, academics, philosophy, morality, psychology, poetry, fiction, and art.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 AM

    I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://goshos-henryleong.blogspot.com/
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete